Tuesday 31 December 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! from the Police Paddocks Carlyle near Rutherglen Victoria

                   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!



I know that this is posted a little bit early... but only about an hour as we don't want to miss the countdown to New Year's Day! This will be our last day here at the Police Paddocks and while we have all enjoyed our Christmas, said good bye to 2013 and hello 2014 it’s time to move on. So tomorrow we pack up and are driving to our next free camp site Cobram…. That’s another two and a bit hour away, which is perfect for me because it’s about that time when I really need a ‘wombat stop’.
Mum and dad still go for swims in the river, but I am not going in… mum called out a very scary word for me and that was ‘Snake!’… I freaked ‘WHERE? Mum... Dads...  save me! Where is it?? Oooh!” Mum calmy walked back into the annex and asked me that if it wasn’t too much trouble could I shut up and get my claws out of her forehead, climb down, that it was all ok, the black snake was just swimming across to the other side of the river where hopefully it could find an exit and crawl back into the Island on the other side. I didn’t know that was an island. I asked dad what the name of the island was, he looked at me and said with one of those funny grins he gets “that’s Snake Island”…. Well? You asked a silly question…
Wow! Where did 2013 go?? Dad has been retired now for almost three years and mum retired for just over a year… Seems like only yesterday mum saw me wayyy back in May this year looking out of the shop window at the Tahune Airwalk in Tasmania (that’s how I got my name) J Don’t be fooled though… just because someone retires doesn’t mean they aren’t still ‘spry’ despite their advanced years… (pretty sure I am gonna pay for that comment later!)
And now… here we all are January 1st 2014! I wonder what the year holds for us all? Whatever it is I am sure it will be exciting… I know this year is going to be a special year because mum and dad told me that our very good friends Mandy and Marc are going to ‘tie the knot’. I just nodded although I am not quite sure how a knot is part of a very special year… I guess it’s going to be a really strong super-duper can’t untie this knot knot.. (hmm knot knot? I don’t think that is right. Dad said It’s ok, so if he says it is, it must be).

Mum said it was a good time to think of all the blessings we have had during the year. So ok, here goes. 1) Mum found me and brought me home (obviously the most important one) 2) I met Tammy and Georgia and Bev and they snuggled and cuddled me lots 3) Mum and dad take me everywhere with them and take good care of me… Ok.. that’s about it.  Mum said it’s not all about ‘me’… that's strange... it's my blog so I thought it was all about me (one would have thought it would be).
She said it was a time to be thankful for our health, our family and our friends who have been through different kinds of stuff in the year, when I asked her what kind of stuff, she said “all kinds... good stuff, bad stuff, disappointing stuff, sad stuff, good time and bad time stuff, get sick and then get better stuff, shut up and get over it stuff, and move on stuff, and ‘just booked that bloody venue and organize it stuff’..  Ah! That kind of stuff I understand, mum’s really got that knack of how exactly to explain ‘stuff’ to me….except that last part, she kind of goes off on a different tangent. When I looked at her and said “huh”? She told me not to worry as it was time to go fishing... Whooohooo!
You won’t believe it! I was allowed to say up last night and even though I am only three and a half, I was up at midnight! *yawn* still very sleepy….. and yesterday we went into Rutherglen again to get more water, usually we don’t have to do that but dad said we have to run the Penguin’s shower at least once every two weeks. You didn’t have to tell me twice! I shampooed, conditioned and double bubble soaped myself!
The outside shower has a long hose so dad and mum talked it over and moved the toilet tent closer. That way we could move the poopie bucket (it has a locking lid) to one side, so I sat on the lid and had a REAL shower! It has a nifty on off switch on the spray nozzle so when I needed to scrub under my claws; I turned the water off, because I am a responsible camping Wombat and I know how to save water! Apart  from that mum showed me where the switch was. 
I was ready to put on my Happy New Year "happy hats"… I couldn’t choose between the green and the gold one so mum put both on me! People looked and smiled… I like it when they do that.  But then dad said I looked like Bruenhilda from some German Opera and went “Yodeehoo-oh!” So I told mum to take the gold one off and just have the green one on. We have some photos as well… I will put them on here.
We went into Rutherglen again on New Year's Eve and bought a new fly go away thingy for the front of the annex... it works much better than the first one, but dad decided to put up the flappy plastic stringy one in front of it "just to make sure." Dang! I'm a bogan wombat again!
Mum and dad got some of ‘those bottles’ again…. they got a different kind of bottle this time but it still started with a "P" so I think it was the same stuff that made them go all silly before…
(dad reckons I should have a Face Book page and see how many 'hits' I get... hmmmm will wait to hear from people who are reading my blog.. What do you think folks? Or should I just keep on blogging?) Mum thinks if I get my own page, I will get a big head... I can't understand that, I'm a Wombat... my head is naturally big.  Although now it's big and sore... because I am a very naughty wombat and while dad wasn't looking I took a big gulp of his beer. Wombats and beer don't mix.... I told mum and dad what I did and they were cranky pants for a while but then just said 'serves you right'... I did learn a very important lesson though... WOMBATS DO NOT LIKE BEER!
 
Anyway! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Until next time Cheers!
"SNAKE"!!

Mum helps me down.. still a little scared!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!
while dad's not looking.....

On mum's chair by the campfire with my glow in the dark bracelets

Celebrating with dad

Celebrating the New Year with mum
 
 
with lots of love from Dad and Mum and ME! 
 
 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!
 




 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ Happy New Year 2014 to our gorgeous Tahune, and Mum & Dad! We can see you're all having an awesome time camping out under the beautiful-est stars in the galaxy! We loved your wonderful update Tahune and think maybe you might be old enough for your own FaceBook page, but you'll have to wait and see what Mum & Dad think! Loved your beautiful pics - even the naughty one of you having a bit of Dad's beer! And you're right you know, Wombats don't like beer *Giggles* so you'll have to be a good wombat from now on! Please look after Mum & Dad and don't let them drink too much of the bottles starting with P - cause they're supposed to be saving them for us! *LOL* Love You and Miss You Heaps! xxx's <3

    ReplyDelete