Sunday 12 January 2014

WE'RE HERE! THE GULF CAMPING AREA - BARMAH NATIONAL PARK VICTORIA

Sunday, 11th January 2014  pack up from Doctor's Bend, set up at The Gulf (Barmah National Park Victoria).

Hello! Wow.. it took over one hour just to drive 11 kms through the National Park to get to our current camp site.. rocky tracks, dips, bends and curves galore! Finally here... *phew*

I am glad we have left Doctor's Bend, because some people came and made all kind of a loud racket and then another group of people came after 11pm, and set up camp in the dark so they just put their cars hi beam on... I thought that was quite rude, I won't even tell you what dad said... you'd have to wash your eyes out with soap! Mum said we were leaving tomorrow anyway so it didn't matter... but I could tell she was annoyed too.

We drove to Cobram to top up with fuel and other necessities, like bread and milk (chocolate for me), some more fishing hooks, and other camp stuff including a inflatable water ring called a "Shark Tube" mum got for me.. It has ropes on it so I can just float while mum and dad swim! Dad said he will have one end of the rope tied to his hand just in case I float a bit too close to the current. Mum bought dad a pair of lip grips for picking up fish without hurting their mouths when they are either too small or are taken from the river. So much better than just using our fingers, as the Murray Cod have sharp sticky things on their fins and they hurt if you get stuck with them! Mum said "Merry Christmas" to dad. Dad was pleased!

It's very hot and sticky today as we drove to The Gulf camping ground... and really really bumpy! It's beautiful here, except for the people who don't pick up their rubbish, catch dirty carp and leave them on the bank to rot and smell the place out! These people in Victoria... they don't know how lucky they are... and I think they had better clean up their act in looking after their Parks otherwise they might be shut down. Dad did an 'emu run' and cleaned up the surrounding area. Mum and I tool pictures of our fire pit and the next fire pit where we put all the rubbish... and we are still finding garbage! As you can imagine, after the usual arguments and so forth by mum and dad setting up, mainly due to the heat and us being quite tired I decided to go for a waddle and take some photos (not easy when you have fat paws) but they turned out okay I reckon.

About an hour later, the van was up, the floor was down and the pantry was out.. no annex though because the view is so pretty and we are in a shaded area we don't want to miss a minute of it! I am sorry some of the photos didn't turn out last time... mum said not to worry and just put them up when I can, including the cheeky video spoiler I did that I am going to send to mum's best mate! Ha ha!

I am off for a bit of brekkie, a walk and then a swim as it is going to be hot again today. I'm all set to go! I am pretty sure we will be doing a lot of swimming in the river as we have checked the weather forecast and it's going to be in the 40's until Friday, with the temperature set at 46 on Thursday!... That's five days of swimming every hour.. I'll be the fittest wombat ever!


Brekkie at the picnic table then a swim

A Glorious Sunrise
The Van set up

The Gulf Camping Ground Victoria
(our van is far left so it's shaded pretty much all day)

Our nice clean fire pit, dug 1 meter wide and 1 meter deep

The Stinky poopie heads fire pit! yuck!

Our Swimming hole... pretty deep at the Boat Ramp

Off for a swim!!
 
 
So, until next time Stay safe and stay cool..... Cheers!

Tahune xxx

P.S.  A VERY SPECIAL HELLO TO SOME VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE! Georgia, Harper, Willow and Eli! lots of hugs and wombat kisses to you all! xxxxoooo


3 comments:

  1. ~ Hi Gorgeous Tahune! Glad you're enjoying the Gulf Camping Area and have had a chance to go swimming. Love your beautiful swim ring. Hope you're taking good care of Mum & Dad and are being a good little wombat! (Remember - if you're naughty - we WILL find out! ~ Big Hugs Darlings! xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool Tahuna! Give your Mum a big hug from me, and tell her to make sure she keeps drinking (water as well! ;P).

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Tahune) "You can borrow my swimmy floaty ring Aunty Bev coz 'you rock'.. (whatever that means) ????? Aunty Rhonda? Mum said 'ha ha very funny'.... :/

    ReplyDelete